- UCC Threatens U.S. With Defacements on Brazilian, Indian Websites
The pro-Islamic State (IS) hackers known as the United Cyber Caliphate (UCC) claimed defacements on websites with domains in Brazil and India, stating “USA – get ready.”
- Anonymous Allegedly Hacks Brazilian Oil Company, Leaks User Credentials for “#OpOlympicHacking”
The Anonymous hacking collective released over 1000 user credentials of Petrobras, a Brazilian oil company, and Accenture, a multinational management consulting company, as part of its #OpOlympicHacking campaign.
- Anonymous Attacks French, Brazilian, Belgian and Italian Police as Part of “Operation Anti Repression”
In reaction to police brutality, especially against protesters around the globe, the Anonymous hacking collective claimed to have disrupted 23 websites via Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) and defacement attacks while leaking the databases of several police affiliated websites from Brazilian, French, Belgian and Italian domains.
- Legislative Assembly of the State of Santa Catarina Attacked, Database Leaked
On June 13, 2014, the hacker, “DomainerAnon”, claimed to have attacked the government website for the State of Santa Catarina, and leaked usernames and passwords, along with other data, from the sites database as part of “Operation FIFA”.
- Federal University of Santa Catarina Attacked, Over 45,000 User Credentials Leaked
As part of “Operation Hacking Cup”, the hacker “smitt3nz” claimed to have targeted the Federal University of Santa Catarina and leaked a large amount of users’ credentials stolen from its servers.