- United Cyber Caliphate Issues Threat to Target U.S. as Response to Cyber Attacks on IS
The pro-Islamic State (IS) hackers known as the United Cyber Caliphate (UCC) issued a threat to target the United States as a response to recent cyber attacks from the U.S. on IS.
- Anonymous Circulates Alleged Personal Information of Donald Trump
The Anonymous hacking collective circulated Donald Trump’s purported social security number and other personal information as part of a campaign against the U.S. presidential candidate.
- Caliphate Cyber Army Threatens U.S. Dept of State, Release of More U.S. Police Info
The group of pro-Islamic State (IS) hackers known as the Caliphate Cyber Army (CCA) threatened to target the website of the U.S. Department of State and release more information about U.S. Police, stating there are “still a lot of names” to be published. Additionally, the group issued threats against Russian president Vladimir Putin.
- Anonymous Disseminates Info from Sacramento Police Dept., City Council for “#OpRight2Rest” Campaign
The Anonymous hacking collective disseminated information about personnel from the Sacramento Police Department and City Council with the hashtag “#OpRight2Rest,” a campaign that supports the rights of homeless individuals in California.
- UK Prime Minister’s Facebook Page Targeted with Mass “Report” Requests
Members of the Anonymous hacking collective have started the hashtag campaign “OpDavidCameronsFacebook” on Twitter, targeting the UK Prime Minister’s page on Facebook with mass requests for removal using Facebook’s “Report” function.
- Pro-IS Hackers Forward Purported Info of Military Personnel, Prominent Government Figures
A Twitter account identifying as an “OFFICIAL MEMBER OF [the] #EliteSection” of the Islamic Cyber Army (ICA) forwarded purported personal information of government personnel, including high-profile individuals.
- Alleged KKK Members’ Personal Information Released, Includes US Politicians
The Anonymous hacking collective and individuals supporting the “#OpKKK” campaign have released the first set of names, phone numbers, and email addresses of alleged members of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), including the identities of several US politicians.